What to Do When You Discover Mold
As the foremost microbial remediation professional in the greater Indianapolis area, Midwest Remediation is expert at remediating residential and commercial properties contaminated with mold. We have an advanced understanding of mycology and microbiology as well as the testing, inspection and remediation protocols necessary to return mold contaminated properties to a healthy state.
Call our 24-hour Emergency Services line (317) 826-0940 and we’ll be on our way fast. Until we arrive, you can minimize additional damage and speed the restoration process by following these tips.
- All mold growth is accompanied by a nearby water or moisture source. If you can identify and isolate the source of water, stop it if possible.
- To avoid spreading mold spores, turn off the heating and air conditioning system and make sure it remains off until the damage can be inspected.
- Do not attempt to eliminate the problem with bleach. Doing so will only provide a cosmetic solution to the problem. It will not eliminate the source of the mold
- Most molds are not immediately harmful, so don’t panic. Reactions to mold vary greatly from person to person.
- If you or anyone else in the building is experiencing an allergic reaction that you think may be related to mold, see a doctor immediately.